A.J. Hunziker, D.C.
Chiropractor & Rehabilitation Specialist located in Jacksonville, FL & Jacksonville Beach, FL
For those who suffer from it, “a pain in the neck” is real, not a play on words. Just turning your head sideways or lifting your chin can cause pain and a cracking sensation. Dr. A. J. Hunziker, experienced chiropractor with American Chiropractic in Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach, FL, is ready to diagnose and treat your neck pain. He has provided relief to hundreds of satisfied patients. Get started down the road to alleviating your neck pain. Call our office, or book your appointment online today.
Neck Pain Q & A
What causes neck pain?
Common causes of neck pain include
- Poor posture. Many adults sit in front of computers all day. If you bend over at the neck to look at the screen instead of sitting straight up, neck pain is a likely result.
- Trauma. A sports injury or an accident involving the neck, such as whiplash from a car accident, can result in neck pain.
- Muscle strain. Working out at the gym, lifting weights, or an exercise class may cause neck strain.
- Arthritis/cervical degenerative disc disease. Cervical discs prevent the bones in your neck from rubbing together. As we age, the discs can break down from wear and tear.
How does the chiropractor diagnose what is causing my neck pain to determine proper treatment?
Dr. Hunziker uses the following methods to determine the appropriate treatment for your neck pain?
- Tests of the range of movement of the neck
- Tests for trapped nerves
- Examination of the muscles and movement of the spine and neck
- X-rays, which can reveal disk degeneration due to arthritis, fractures, tumors, slipped discs, and related causes of your neck pain.
- MRIs, which can show details of nerves, tendons, and ligaments.
- Blood tests, which can determine whether there is inflammation or infection that may be contributing to your neck pain.
What are the best treatments for neck pain?
Dr. Hunziker uses the Cox Flexion Distraction Technique (also known as the Cox Technic), a non-surgical manipulation of your neck, to relieve cervical pain. This procedure is a gentle adjustment that helps your spine heal on its own. During the procedure, Dr. Hunziker uses a proprietary chiropractic table that stretches the spine in a rhythmic movement. It helps calm and decrease bulges and herniations in your spinal discs by taking the pressure off of the injured nerve.
Simple neck exercises that Dr. Hunziker fully explains can bring long-lasting relief. He prescribes physiotherapy for more severe or chronic pain as well as extended chiropractic treatment.
We offer treatment for auto-accidents, neck pain and back pain. Call us to book your appointment today.
Chiropractic Caremore info
truSculpt 3Dmore info
Auto Accidentsmore info
Neck Painmore info
Back Painmore info
Laser Hair Removalmore info
Massage Therapymore info
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)more info
Spider Veinsmore info
Laser Genesismore info